Flying

Leaving Christchurch I shoot a few pictures of the clouds and just wanted to put them onto the blogg now. I will write a bit more about Sydney some other time when I'm more awake, but now I'm quite jetlagged and happy I didn't fall asleep working on some pictures

At this picture you can see the beach of new Brighton on the right. And you can see those stripes of clouds. They are formed by the NW-wind. While the wind comes over the mountains it gets shaped and carries on to blow in waves. On the top of a wave the water condenses to a cloud. That's how you get parallel stripes of clouds, which are also parallel to the Alps. Sometimes you can see it much better and have even more distinct lines.



2 Comments:
Hey, great pictures!!
No new post? Seems as if you are busy studying all the time...=)!
Good luck with all your exams!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home