Friday, April 14, 2006

Pictures of the "pink heaven"

Ok, I finally managed to shoot some pictures.
We've called the flat pink heaven because we first thought of hounslow heaven as it's on hounslow street and it would be an alliteration. But we also thought we should have some link to the pinkness of the house. When we needed a username for the wireless internet pink heaven appeared to be quit good. So here we are now. Or pink heaven:

Starting with the view from the Street:

So this is the front. It gets the morning sun. The left hand room is Sandra's and Jörg's bedroom, the one next to it is Julian's and my "study" and the one on the right that is a bit farther to the back is Jörgs and Sandra's study. In the Background you can see the double garage. I think after I’ve lived here for a while I’ll be master in baking out with the car….
Notice the nice pink bricks...

If you walk along the drive way you come to the veranda and the front door

As we only have one kiwi living in this house we try to convince that kiwi to take of the shoes before he enters the house. Ah, well we're working hard on it. A good start is that we have a shoe rack in front of the entrance. We also have a nice table to have eat on when the sun is shining as it gets sun the whole day long.
The big door leads to our living room the little door leads into to Sandra's and Jörg's study. The window in between is Julian's and my bedroom.

carry on walking along the driveway and you'll see the garden (left of the garage) with the apple tree:



In the garden we also have a vegetable garden behind the garage and some green beans and lemons and stuff will be interesting what will come out of the ground in Spring. But we'll have to wait for that to happen for quite a bit now.

Turn around and you got a nice view of the backside of the house:

The front is the lounge the little room on the left is again Sandra's and Jörg's Study which actually is the smallest bed room in the house. The door on the right of the living room is our back door, leading through the laundry into the kitchen.

Ok now it's time to have a look inside always look out for the pink carpet and pink walls and the flour patterns: :

The living room with fire place:


You can see the garage through the window. The main entry door is just to the right of the fireplace, which actually is a gas fire to keep the polution in Christchurch down.

The kitchen:

With the dining area, the broken dishwasher and as a new gadget we got a fridge now. Julian was able to convince his mum she needed a new fridge. Now she got herself a new one and we got her old fridge/freezer. I really like the wooden floor of the kitchen.

Now it's only Julians and mine Study and Bedroom left:

The study has two desks, the one you see is the one I'm working on, the one where you can only see the chair, is to the left and is Julian's desk but he hardly ever uses it. Especially since we have wireless internet.
The bedrooms window goes out the the veranda. We got big build in cupboards in both rooms so we managed to put nearly everything into them.

So that were quite a few pictures but I think now everyone can actually imagine how our flat looks like. I should have taken a picture of the tap where the water get mixed before it comes out of the tap, as I think this is really cool to have. =)

2 Comments:

Blogger Martina said...

I'm really impressed!!! Of your great house, of your wireless internet and of you managing at least to post some nice pictures =)! Pretty cool!!
But what means "bla bla blubb ..." in your headline?? =)
Cheers, Tini

April 15, 2006 12:02 am  
Blogger Jana said...

AH well, I've been experimenting with the Template and stuff. to get the Picture into the HEader and so on.
And while experimenting I had a field where I didn't know where the text would occure.
So I tried it and didn't find the text anywhere on the blogg. I'l remove it soon. =)

April 15, 2006 1:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home